Sunday, December 06, 2009
Thanks So Much!
All of the warm wishes and kind words that were written after we passed court were such a blessing to our family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I was truly touched.

Yesterday my sister and niece had an adoption shower for our family. We received lots of things for the kids. Levi got a brand new bike from a neighbor as well as a cool Star Wars blanket. People were so kind and we feel so blessed. I can't wait to put Amelia in all her cute new clothes!

I would share some photo's except I cant find my cable to download them to the computer. My life is kind of crazy right now. Paige and Amelia's room is torn apart and all the contents are in the upstairs hall due to the paint and wallpaper that has just been put in there.

Zachary's drivers license still has not come. Don't get me started on trying to deal with the DMV. Ugh. Supposedly we should get it this week. Remember, he has to be fingerprinted before they will give us our updated approval? I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach knowing this could delay our going to pick the kids up in January. Still trying not to freak out, however, the battle may be lost on that front if the license is not in the mailbox tomorrow. Prayers would be greatly appreciated regarding this situation.

I am trying to make a little photo book for my friend Missy to take to Levi in Ethiopia next week. It is really hard to pick out a picture of yourself when you know this will be the first image your child has of his new mommy. Another thing I am stressing myself out over. Pretty ridiculous, right?

I am so happy that Missy will be with the kids over Christmas and able to give them a few small gifts from us. She will also be able to take pictures which will be wonderful.

So, basically I will be packing and planning and stressing for the next six weeks. I am sooo excited!

Can I tell you a secret Internet friends?

Don't tell my kids but I have not bought one Christmas gift for them yet. This is so out of character for me. I usually am done early. The kids asked why there wasn't anything under the tree yet. You know, like for Grandma or ANYONE? I just sort of evaded the question, not wanting to lie and all.

I guess I'll try and get a little shopping done this week. Maybe there are better sales the longer you wait. One can only hope.

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:13 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I would totally stress about picking out my picture too. That's not strange at all! :)

Good luck getting the Christmas shopping done!!!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh my. I'm so with you on the stress thing. When we were making up a book for our Li'l Empress, I changed my mind a hundred times or more :)

As for the shopping, I JUST started Friday night. And got precious little accomplished compared to my list :( I'm attacking it during nap times this week - thank goodness the boys will be here so I can use that time. Otherwise, I'd be out after dark every night for the next two weeks.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

I havent hardly started so no worries there is still 17 shopping days right =)!!!!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger The Dishmans said...

Praying that you get the driver's license/fingerprint approval issue resolved really soon. And don't worry about the Christmas shopping. I typically never start until 2 weeks before Christmas - but this year I'm already done. Go figure!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Christina Hubbard said...

Julie- I am praying everything is falling into place for you. Wanted to ask you a favor and see if you would take pics of our little guy for us when you travel. You can email me privately at cd(dot)hubbard(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: