Friday, December 18, 2009
The Drivers License Arrived!
Yesterday the long awaited Drivers license arrived and Zach and I went down to USCIS in L.A. to get his fingerprint appointment and clear up what else was holding up our extension approval. It seems that the man who was processing our extension did not see Zachary's name in the original home study. As a result he thought this was some new kid we had just thrown in the mix, and that is why they were requesting an entirely new home study. I asked for my file and then showed him where Zachary was mentioned and talked about. He apologized repeatedly and then gave us an appointment for today for Zach to have his fingerprints taken. He said he should receive the results early next week and would process our extension as soon as possible so our trip is not delayed. Yippee!! Please pray all goes well from here on out.

It seems Zach's drivers license was delayed because there was another person with his same name that had several out of state tickets that were not paid. After several days on the phone they finally realized it was not my Zach and they released his license.

It just seems that we were not meant to make the Visa appointment on January 5th. I have no idea why, but I KNOW that God does. We are leaving on Sunday, January 17th on the journey of a lifetime. Exactly one month from today I will lay eyes on my beautiful babes for the first time. We are all so excited!

My friend Missy is in Ethiopia right now picking up her sweet little girl. She took presents for Levi and Amelia and is going to love on them for me. Of course, she will also take some pictures for me. I can't wait to hear all she has to say about them.

Thanks for all the prayers and words of encouragement I have received lately. Our entire family appreciates them more than you could ever know!

ETHIOPIA, HERE WE COME!

Labels:


  posted at 8:08 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Deep Fried Goodness said...

Hooray! That's a relief. We wish you smooth sailing from here on! And a very Merry Christmas too!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh my goodness. With international adoption, if it's not one thing, it's that darned other thing! So glad you got it all sorted out and moving forward to the right hands. I can't imagine - one month to go! Well, I can imagine, having done it a year ago. But to finally meet both of them?! WOW. ONE. MONTH.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Alida said...

Hang in there Julie ... you are almost there ... God had a plan and it will get revealed to you - or not - at a later time. Bottom line though: you guys ARE leaving very very soon!!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you guys. Hang in there, you are almost at the end of the journey!

BTW: I'm waiting for Missy's return too. Can't wait to hear the stories and of course maybe see my little girl ... Missy's getting pics for us too! God bless them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: